Maastricht

Maastricht
©A.M. Valleau

Sad Landscapes by Josef Sudek

© Josef Sudek

Josef Sudek about Sad Landscapes:
"It's a sort of a sad landscape. I don't like doing merry countryside. Because cheerful is always cheerful and always the same. But a sad landscape got a lot of variations. More sad and less sad and even more sad and you can do something with that...
At the moment, I've got a couple of photographs here for the Most landscape cycle; they've been waiting to be processed for a good six months now. If I'd made the positive straight away, I'd probably have been disappointed; the view of the actual countryside was still too vivid in my memory now the real experience has faded away can I find out how the shot will work for someone who wasn't looking at the real thing with me. I think that with the photographs I make, haste is a bad advisor."

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten